Friday, September 15, 2006

Don't you love cool days and nights?

What is it about the fall? Maybe I like it so much because my birthday is in the fall. Or maybe I just love the way that you get to cuddle up in a warm sweater or blanket, or best of all cuddle up with the one person in the world who makes you feel total peace.

I think that the power of human touch is amazing. I was single for many, many years so I know what it's like to live alone, sleep alone, feel alone. I think I probably had a lot of fears of getting too close to anyone (which most likely was all related to my lack of understanding about my sexual orientation.) But all that changed when I met Susanne. God willing, I can look forward to my sweetie's wonderful embraces every day. Yes, her touch is like music, or magic or maybe mystical, mindblowing....(enough with the alliterations already right!)

Speaking of touch, I remember once when I was teaching high school kids at a Catholic school, one student told me that her favorite part of Mass was the sign of peace. "Why is that?" I asked her. "Well for some people it's the only time all week that anyone touches them." I felt overwhelmed by her insight. I'm guessing she'd heard that said before and I'm also guessing that it was her mom who said it (just knowing her mom.)

Parents are just a tremendous influence on kids. It has been said that our behaviors are "caught" not "taught." I believe that. I hope that when Susanne and I become parents that we can impart good and sweet things on our children. Yeah, we can do that! Ciao bellas! -Monica

No comments: