Monday, August 01, 2011

In a nutshell...

If I were not on Facebook I would most likely have blogged about these things that ended up instead as FB posts. Enjoy, or if you are a "friend" and have already seen them, move along ;-)

July 28
So Danny worries that our smoke detector is going to wail as I deal with a smoky “cooking malfunction.” “Don’t worry sweetie, it won’t go off now” I reassure him. “Won’t go off?” “Does that mean it will go on?” Aww… Chalk it up as another vote for “nuture” in the great “nature, nurture” debate.

July 27
When asked a question at breakfast this morning Danny replied "I can't answer you now--I'm not supposed to talk with my mouth full". Of course it came out as "Ah ca ansa you na--ah na suose ta ta wi my mow fu."

July 26
Our 4 year old delights in stacking and building--our 1 year old in searching and destroying. Sigh...

July 20
So last night as I carried Benji up, his little Glo Worm began playing a snippet of Pachelbel’s Canon. As I gazed as sweet face I suddenly imagined a day far in the future—his wedding day. I'm pretty sure I “wedding marched/glided” the rest of the way. And got a bit misty eyed. Such a sap!!


July 15
Rule #234 for a happy life. All gift cards must immediatly go into wallet. (Still hoping what appears to be lost will be found!)

July 14
Although Benji is too young to speak it's like he and big brother Danny actually plan how they will take turns each night making "night night" time a royal pain. Benji is "on" tonight, sigh…

July 11
Ugh...I've got the body of a God. Unfortunately it's Buddah!

July 1
Thunder and lightning--I always have to think before I say which is which. I also have a problem deciding which is the "open or close" button on elevators. :-)

June 30
Okay, seriously--who decides what to put out as XYZ (insert name of cable outlet here) breaking news e-mails? I know I could always unsubscribe, but I do count on the occasional really interesting one.

June 20
Sometimes a crib is just a crib. But when your 18 month old is particularly cranky some days, I like to think of it as a Self Contained Unruly Baby Apparatus. Yes, that's SCUBA for short. ;-)

June 15
Don't you think they could invent store video monitors that subracted ten lbs. instead of adding ten? I'd shop more at that kind of store.

June 14
"Afterday". Hmm...this new word our 4 year old has come up with is really growing on me. See you afterday!

June 8
Oh children's songs! Why do you infect me with your insidious brain worms? "Five little ducks went out one day, over the hills and far away." My apologies to parents of young ones everywhere!

June 7
"Ocean fish are for eating and goldfish are for loving" -Danny's deep thought while admiring his new orange friend.

May 25
Sigh...does anyone else dread figuring out what to wear to work every day? My entire clothing collection is a wardrobe malfunction I'm afraid.

No comments: