Thursday, December 23, 2010

Love you sweetie pie

Sorry to be such a bad blogger, but it's been a pretty tough time of late. My dear mom who had been trying to come back from a second hip break in one year took a very bad turn for the worse in recent days.

I traveled from Washington, DC to Minnesota to be with her and it's been so sad to see her leaving us. We love her so much. The reason I titled this post "love you sweetie pie" is that after many days of not being able to speak, she finally did again when her favorite priest came and said "Mary, I'm so glad to see you!" She responded "I'm glad to see you too." I think she needed the spriritual nourishment he came to bring. I'd already returned to DC so I wasn't there in person to witness this, but by all accounts it was awe inspiring.

She has continued to speak a bit now, so I was overjoyed when my sister put the phone up to her ear she said "hi Monica" and "love you sweetie pie". I'll never hear words so sweet again. -M

P.S. Here is a pic of me and mom with Danny from 2009.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Much love to your family at this difficult time, Monica.