Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The Dog Days indeed...

I have decided that I'm not a big fan of summer. Heat, mosquitos, humidity. Need I go on?

I used to like summers better when I was a kid because, well, I didn't have to go to school in the summer. I didn't dislike school so much, but I just got sick of it. Summers were a healthy break.

But for some reason my employers seem to believe that summers off are not good for the soul. I disagree.

In thinking about this I guess that I'm mostly not liking this summer, because I'm not much liking my job. I guess self-awareness is the first step to solving a problem.

Thank goodness my children bring me such joy. If only I had the summer off to enjoy it more with them. Sigh. -Monica

1 comment:

Daddy Luis said...

Reminds me of the Quentin Crisp quote where he said something like, "I don't like peas. I am glad I don't like peas because If I liked peas I would eat peas, and that would be horrible because I don't like peas." I guess I am sleep deprived and so I can blame the strange workings of my brain to that. (Although I always have been a bit off kilter.) Cheers to our children and the joy they bring us in the time that we are fortunate to have with them. I wish it were longer too. sigh.