Monday, September 24, 2012

Let's Go Nats!

Can I tell you how happy I am that our boys like baseball? You see, before we had the kids, both Susanne and I already loved the sport. We'd shared some season tickets with friends when the Nationals first came to DC, and after a few years of babies who were too little and who hated the roar of the crowd (usually the booing) we'd sort of settled into just following the team on TV.

I'd grown up a Twins fan in Minnesota and spent most of my time in warm weather playing pick up baseball or school softball. All the way through college even. (I even still own a few records if you know me well enough to Google it--most times hit by a pitch is not a record I'm proud of, but the fact that I'm still in the top ten for most triples, homeruns, RBIs and fewest strikeouts, does make me proud.)

So I love to watch the strategy and the athleticism. And this year's team is one to really get exited about!

We took the boys three times this season and it's so fun to teach them and to watch them get so excited about their favorite players. Danny Espinosa and Bryce Harper can do no wrong folks.

And the fact that the team will be in the playoffs has just made it so exciting.

Here's to the Boys of Summer! Both at National's Stadium and at our house. -Monica

Benji thrilled (and a little scared) to meet "President Roosevelt" yesterday!



No comments: