Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Ten things I’m grateful for:
10. That Danny now asks “Is this a school day?” and if it is, he says “Yeah!” (Better than the September morning sob festivals).
9. That my mom is improving, and even though these past 2+ months have been a real roller coaster in terms of her health, she’s upbeat and walking with a walker on that darn broken hip. Go mom!
8. That Benji (like his brother) is generally such a happy little guy.
7. That in two weeks I get to move to a new office building that is a 15 minute bike ride from home.
6. That we’ll be in that new building for at least five years (our current building is being renovated). Five years from now puts me at almost the age I could retire. Not that I probably will, but it’s nice to know I COULD. ;-)
5. That we are heading into the cool fall weather and the wonderful holidays that follow. Benji’s second Christmas is going to be so much fun this year. Being a week old for the first one made it pretty unmemorable for him I'm guessing.
4. That Susanne still puts up with my occasional messiness/forgetfulness/silliness/laziness and anxiousness. More than just “put up” with these traits, she still seems to actually love AND like me!
3. That we have such a great mix of friends. Old friends, new friends, borrowed friend, blue friends… oh wait. I’ve messed that up again right?
2. That our little boys still think we are the “end all be all”. Spent some time with my wonderful 13 year old niece last weekend and was shocked to learn that not only am I not cool, I’m actually quite embarrassing! ;-)
1. And last but not least, that we have our health, our families, our beautiful boys, our jobs, and each other. Yes, very grateful indeed.