Monday, October 22, 2012

Wedding Fun!

Well I apologize again for being a horrid blogger. All is well here. The boys are growing, but apparently they grow a lot in their sleep, as they both seem to take turns waking up with various complaints. Interruption-free nights are becoming like the holy grail. I dream of those nights. I rarely get those nights. But I remain ever optimistic that one day we will manage to tire them out completely, feed them the exact right foods, find the exact right alignment of the stars--and they will sleep all night long. Please. But I digress.

You see, I'm not here to complain about lack of sleep. No, I'm here to share about a most wonderful day. My sister Alice married her very long time boyfriend Dave, (who I can now officially call my brother-in-law) on October 13th and it was so much fun!

We traveled to Minnesota for the nuptials and with Danny as an usher and Benji as a ring bearer, it was all very sweet. I even got to give one of the toasts (Dave's brother gave the other one) and it was a great evening.

We were so fortunate to have had the chance to stay with long-time friends, Amy and Matt, who not only shared their large attic with us to crash in, they also let us borrow one of their cars (to not crash in ;-)  It was so much fun. They have two kids who are 11 and 9 and the boys adored them. They also loved Finn the dog. Benji at the crack of dawn one morning squealed with delight "Finn is it you?" This as an animal licked his face in the dark. Happy to report it was indeed Finn.

Without further ado, here are a few pictures. My wife who looked gorgeous at the wedding, somehow managed again to not get in many/any? photos. She's that good. Here you go. Congrats Dave and Al. We love you and wish you the very best. Love, Monica

P.S. Susanne did get in some lovely photos taken by our host Matt who is an amazing photographer. Those we'll post later.

Me and my sister Alice at the reception.

Me and Benjamin. He's a doll right?

The brothers getting ready for their "starring" roles.

Danny and his beloved uncle, my brother Paul kicking back.

My niece Niki, her mom (my sister Mary) and our sister Alice the beautiful bride.

My brothers Paul and Neil make us all laugh by assuming a pose our dad and his best man struck at our parents' 1956 wedding. This time with cell phones instead of wristwatches.

The happy bride and groom in the receiving line. Congratulations Alice and Dave!

No comments: