Monday, July 24, 2006

Watching...

Hello there fair readers. Our trip to Milwaukee was fun and our favorite part of the wedding was after Marcus kissed his new bride Niki, the minister actually congratulated him by saying something like "all right, WELL DONE!" (Does one compliment the first kiss?) Anyway, we partied and danced and got into a blue state, red state argument with my former brother-in law, so all in all it was a pretty darn fun. (By the way although we were in a red state, our bride and groom are firmly blue state!)

As Su mentioned in one of her last posts we found out that Saturday would have been the best day of the month to do our insemination, and unfortunately we were far far away from DC. So we'll just have to shoot for August. I'm a big believer in the fact that everything happens for a reason, so I think August will be just fine (it is our anniversary month after all!)

On a whole other topic, I finally decided to take the plunge and begin Weight Watchers for the first time ever in my life. An e-mail came across my desk a few weeks ago that they offer classes every week right here in my own building, and I suddenly had an awakening that I'll probably never get rid of my unwanted extra dozen pounds if I don't do something a bit more active than "wish hard". ;-) It hasn't been too easy which is what I sort of imagined, and as I've started tracking my intake I guess am learning most of all, that I really love all the wrong foods!

My weakness are (in no particular order) cookies, cake, bars, brownies, cinnamon rolls...I think you get the picture. With the point system I'm using, I can actually have some of these things, but only small servings. See, that's the problem. If I'm going to eat cookies, I'm gonna want to eat the whole sleeve or until I'm full whichever comes first. I wonder if I'm any more prone to hunger than other people are? I definitely know that I find feeling hungry to be an uncomfortable feeling. And who likes discomfort no?

So, I'm going to stick to the points plan and see if I can just slowly but surely lose these pounds. I think my motto is going to be "I'll watch my weight so you don't have to!" Susanne is in my opinion a naturally more nutritious eater than I am which helps. Like she actually likes salad and stuff ;-) She wouldn’t mind losing weight too (not that she needs to) but having to track every little point is intrinsically annoying to her. Well, wish me luck. I'd wish myself luck too, but right now my brain is sort of full of thoughts of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. (If you only dream of them they are 0 points!) -Monica

No comments: