Thursday, September 04, 2008

Not cool

I'm not sure why this irked me so much, but I was very annoyed last night that the little 4 month old son of the Republican vice-presidential candidate was brought to the 9:30 pm event. All I could think about was how this poor little guy was like a prop for the cameras in what was clearly a VERY LOUD venue. By the way, I'd feel this same way if the infant was the child of a male candidate as well.

I talked about this earlier today with a friend and she speculated that if they hadn't brought the baby, they could have been accused of being ashamed of him or something. I don't know about that one. Who wouldn't have understood if the candidate had said something like "at this late hour our youngest is snuggled away..."--something to that effect.

I think having a young son myself I am a bit hyper aware of things that don't seem very kid-friendly. I really don't know if the baby will be flying around on the campaign trail, but if so I really hope there is some way to build in some kind of routine.

And, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that just about everyone except the child's father seems to be holding him most of the time. What's that all about?

Just my 2 cents. -Monica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I thought the same thing, and was just talking to a friend this morning about all that irks me about Sarah Palin (the list is long). Her poor children seem to be on parade for the benefit of her career. I'll get off my soapbox now :-)