Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Blah!

Our household has fallen under an evil spell. Fortunately little Danny has been spared--he’s happy as a clam. But me and Su and my little 10 year old niece who is visiting with her mom have all been…shall I say…frequent visitors to the bathroom.

I will do you all the favor of sparing you the gory details here, but let’s just say our washing machine has had quite a workout the last day or two.

And in an unfortunate coincidence Jenni has not been feeling well so Danny did not spend yesterday frolicking with his good friend Oscar. No, he spent it trapped in our living room with me, his dramatically sick mommy, who kept really annoying him by periodically crawling off the couch to use the bathroom. On the bright side, he did acquiesce to a 2.5 hour nap mid day that I needed more than he will ever know.

Oh, and by the way, for all two parent families out there, I’d like to propose a new rule. Only one sick adult at a time. This is the second time in the past year that I’ve felt really awful and Su was even sicker. She even had a FEVER. Rats. How can I compete with that?

On a brighter note we are all feeling better today. All’s well that ends well. Which reminds me of a favorite quote by Tom Stoppard:

"Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where’s it going to end?"

-Monica

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm glad you're all feeling better today! The sweet boys have been sleeping since just before 9!

Susanica said...

That's awesome. Over 2 hours huh? I guess that waking up at 5:00 am thing is really working out for everyone but me ;-) Glad to hear that you are getting a nice break this morning. You deserve it! Talk to you soon. -Monica

Mikki said...

When both parents are down, life is hell. Hang in there! We're sending our very best feel-better thoughts!