Friday, June 05, 2009

File under the heading "huh?"

For a program I am involved in for work we decided to do a registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. So we did a lot of paperwork and then one day we got an official letter letting us know that it was now registered.

But here's the funny part. In order to maintain the registration for the full 10 years allowable, we have to file a declaration between the fifth and sixth anniversaries of the registration date...more mumbo jumbo...failure to file the required declaration by the end of the grace period will result in cancellation of the registration.

Okay, so in 2014, I have to remember to renew the paperwork. Does anyone out there remember that I have a slight case of the "anxieties"? Will my electronic calendar really send me a reminder like I asked it to?

Maybe I'll tie a little string around my finger. For the next five years. Hmmmm???? Maybe not. -Monica

1 comment:

Martin said...

bizarre!