Friday, November 20, 2009

The dawning of awareness...

The little guy loves to sing and play music. He takes our Swiffer moppy thing and holds it like a guitar, then pretends he's singing into a microphone (he gets that from me because I sing in front of a microphone with our group at church every Sunday.)

He likes me to either accompany him with either our drum, my real guitar or like today on his little toy keyboard, which has always been fun.

Until today. You see, as I tapped out the "ABC" song, followed by "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and then "Baa Baa Blacksheep" it all became clear.

THEY ARE THE SAME EXACT SONG. Sure the rhythm is different for each but they are the exact same tune. Go ahead, give them a hum.See what I'm saying?

What next? The sun doesn't actually come up each morning like Danny commands it to? Wait? Didn't Galileo have a theory on the earth revolving around the sun? So rising and setting are just sort of figments of our imagination? Oh, this just gets worse and worse.

So many deep thoughts. So little time. Have a great weekend everybody ;-)
-Monica

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am laughing out loud, I totally had the same moment with Alice and Andy. I suddenly one day screamed out to Matt, "OH MY GOD! ABC and TWINKLE TWINKLE are the SAME!" I had really thought I was cool to know a few songs...xo A