- Wonderful neighbors--visits and team shoveling made it almost fun
- Stores that were busy but well stocked for the most part (and people who acted civilly. Yeah!)
- Power and phones that did not go out
- A gas fireplace in the basement that could be used for heat if we lost our regular heat
- Cable TV that stayed on (not a necessity, but it sure made it more fun)
- Batteries for our radio (we actually had the right size and enough--you know, just in case)
- Four straight days off from work--definitely a world record for snow days for me
- Two of the most gorgeous children in the world to hang out with
- That all of us stayed healthy--hard to imagine what we would have done at some points during all this with pharmacies and doctor's offices being closed and hospitals inaccessible
- And last but not least, Susanne. There is no one I'd rather weather any storm with.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
The two blizzards that just poured tons of snow on DC were memorable for a lot of reasons, but for me, I think I'll always reflect back on this time with gratitude. Let me count the ways...