Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Top ten reasons I'm happy today

10. An unexpected snow storm is falling over Washington, DC that may just continue all night. I still love a good "snow day".

9. Work is going pretty well. That always makes me happy.

8. Baby Benjamin is doing great! He's only been with us six weeks and it's as if he's always been here. How wonderful!

7. Su on maternity leave means wonderful dinners every night. Fortunately she loves to cook and cooks well, so having time to really plan and prepare dinner makes all of us happy.

6. Danny is a CONSTANT source of delight and laughs. Just the things he says and does. We may have to start calling him Larious. Cuz he's so hilarious.

5. Valentine's Day is coming up I am bound and determined to come up with a really romantic idea to celebrate it. It's challenging with two little ones, but it can be done.

4. We just came home from a little gathering with neighbors that was a hodge podge of giggling children and laughing adults. We have fabulous neighbors and I am beyond grateful that we live where we do.

3. Danny has been going to bed like a dream of late (knock on every piece of wood in the world). But as I type this he's peacefully sleeping in his "big boy bed" in the next room and it just feels awesome to know that he is so comfortable and happy there.

2. Now that Ben is here, so much seems "back to normal". Pregnancy has its share of challenges, fears and emotions (for both of us), so now that we can just be us again, is wonderful.  I feel like Susanne and I are "home" again in some way I can't explain. It's great.

1. Last but not least, after figuring out that my mom had a pretty nasty bacterial infection that she's now been treated she is finally on the mend after breaking her hip two weeks ago. Falling and getting badly hurt is just no fun period, but it turns out that mom was under much more stress from this infection than anyone knew. It is the most wonderful sound in the world to hear your mom, who you were afraid might never be well again, sound like her old self.

Truly blessed. Yup. Keep snowing heavens! Keep snowing! -Monica

2 comments:

Jenni said...

A great list, and I'm glad your mom is doing better.

Stimey said...

That's awesome. I keep your good streak keeps going!