Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What the what?

So we have these nice knives that we got for our wedding (thank you Erin and Eduardo) that we use a lot. Susanne has asked me, more than once, to NOT put them in the dishwasher. You see it's best to hand wash them immediately, dry them well, and put them away. We last had this discussion more than a week ago and I have been very careful and am almost certain that I have NOT put any of the good knives in the dishwasher.

So last night as I was unloading the machine I spied our little paring knife. Yes, one of the special ones. It had just been washed. Aha!!! I turned to Susanne who was feeding Danny and let her know that I DID NOT under any circumstances put that knife in there, and that the only other possible answer could be that she had done it. Come on now. We really couldn't blame this one on Danny could we?

"Well" she said, "it definitely wasn't me—that would leave you".

So now I figure we are totally in a "she said, she said" kind of thing where we'd never really come to any final resolution.

"How can you be so sure you didn't put it in the dishwasher? It could have been you, you know" I argued.

She turned to me smiling sweetly and said "no, because I haven't put anything in the dishwasher in weeks".

"Huh? What the heckle and jeckle?"

I'm thinking maybe we should now be engaged in a very different argument ;-) -Monica

No comments: