Thursday, May 15, 2008

You are my Starshine, my only Starshine...

True story. I once had what I thought was a fabulous idea to “buy” my beautiful wife a star. You see there is something called the International Star Registry, where you can name a star and the best part is that you get to pick the star from pretty much anywhere in the sky!

In retrospect, I do see now that it does seem frivolous to spend money on such a thing, but I guess I thought it was romantic. Hmmm…

My first mistake in the romantic department was to name the star “Susanica”. As you know from our blog this is a combination of our names and I guess it’s not really quite so romantic when you include yourself in the mix.

And then there was the part about selecting where in the sky it would be. After carefully analying the zodiac and the place, date, hour and minute of her birth etc…I picked the perfect coordinates! It would reside in Pisces, right out there by where the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars or something.

But unfortunately, I was sort of unfocused when I was selecting the coordinates while placing my online order. As I pondered life and love, I was apparently scrolling the little wheel on my mouse thus accidentally making all kinds of inadvertent changes. As a result, this sweet little star that doesn't even know its name is Susanica is no where near anything that has to do with Susanne’s "coordinates".

Sadly, let’s just say that when the certificate and astral chart arrived, I realized that I probably would have been better off just putting the $$$ through a shredder or something. I can't speak for Susanne but I pretty much think she agrees.

On a brighter note, this is not the worst present I’ve ever gotten her. And we have the never ending junk mail from Footsmart to prove it.

So, in closing, I’d just like to say that all in all, it’s probably best that I didn’t get anything for my honey for Mother’s Day. Right sweetie ;-) Love you. -Mo

2 comments:

Stimey said...

You may think it is less funny, but you cracked me up. I think it's really romantic. She is your star. :) And now both of you are up there together. Sweet.

Susanica said...

Thanks Stimey. Yup, she's a keeper. Thanks for your comment. -Monica