Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ahhh...that explains it

Well there is a reason that Susanne continues to feel like she has morning sickness a full two weeks after the miscarriage. It seems her body still believes she's pregnant based on yesterday's ultrasound. The tiny sac where the baby tried its best to snuggle down and grow is still there--empty and sad. (Or maybe that's us?)

Anyway, it's not that unusual as we've learned for the body to take its time expelling all that once was, and there are a couple of options Su can use to speed things along, but she can also just give it a few more days and everything will resolve itself. On the bright side, she's perfectly fine physically, and there is no reason to believe that her future fertility is in any way compromised, which is reassuring.

Like I said the other day, continuing to have such bad morning sickness when you know you are no longer pregnant is rotten on many levels. I know we are both looking forward to Susanne feeling better. Love you sweetie. -Monica

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Feel better, Susanne!

nutella said...

Hope Susanne is feeling better soon. I agree that it sounds like a particurlarly cruel thing for ones body to do.

Mikki said...

All our love...and you want a Mikki-cooked meal, let me know! I can't make it better...but I can provide comfort food...and pie. Definately pie!

Susanica said...

Thanks Jenni and Nutella and Mikki. We really appreciate you notes and positive energy.

Pie eh? Yup. We are totally taking you up on that pie Mikki. Mmmmm....pie...
-Monica

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon, Susanne.

Anonymous said...

Pep,

Just caught up on your blog after welcoming our new baby boy home a couple weeks ago.

I'm awfully sorry to hear about your loss. Pretty much a year ago to the day we lost a little soul, too. It's the oddest and saddest thing to experience. I figured our little one was on the Earth for as long as that soul was supposed to be, but it sure stank for me and Brad. I hope you both heal up fully in good time, and that Susanne gets over the physical ickiness quickly.

I'm sorry we share this in common, but if you need to hear stories I've got 'em and so do tons of my Mom friends. Or if you need to tell your story to someone who had a little experience with the pain, too, let me know.

--Laura O'Brien Smith

Martin said...

I just can't imagine. so sorry.