Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The thanks I get...

No seriously. Case in point...

The other day Danny and I were talking about his best friend Oscar's birthday, and I mentioned that Oscar's Mommy was going to make a dinosaur cake.

In utter despair Danny cried "no Mommy, no! I want a dinosaur cake. Not Ocar Mommy, not Oscar!"

To which I replied, "It's okay honey, I hear that Oscar is going to give you one of the biggest pieces." (Whether true or not, I like to always point out the possibilites.)

Upon hearing this news Danny broke out into a huge grin. I nearly went blind from the dazzling brightness of this particular smile.

"Oscar will give me big piece Mommy? Oh thank you Mommy, thank you!!!!"

See what I mean about the thanks I get? I wish everything in life were this easy.

Oh, and Oscar, when you are old enough to read this, I want you to know that Flag Day will never be the same for me. It's now Oscar Day okay? Happy third birthday sweetie. You are an amazing little guy.

Love, Monica and the rest of the bunch

P.S. Operation move the boys into the same room has been pretty darn succesful. Except for Danny crawling into his brother's crib to snuggle up. Not a good best practice!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Oscar says thank you! And I'm glad the move went well.