Sunday, July 25, 2010

Smile for the camera before it melts...


It's kind of fun when your out of town visitors include an amazing photographer who apologizes profusely for having an inferior camera on hand and still manages to catch some pretty darn realistic shots of every day life.  I think this photo taken by Matt B. on Friday night can be summed up in the following way:

Three year old Danny's thinking, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing".
Baby Benji is thinking, "I'm pretty sure I can fit this whole airplane in my mouth but I'm not sure where to start.
Mommy Monica is thinking, "If I hug the boys any harder I wonder if their eyes and tongues will pop out??
And Mama Susanne is thinking, "Matt, it's 103 degrees out here, maybe we could go for an indoor shot?"

Anyway, thanks Matt and Amy and Alice and Andy for coming by on your trip to DC. It was a blast seeing you, and always remember, our casa es su casa.

Come on cooler weather. Any time now! -M

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Great photos. I especially love that one of Danny. You should frame it for sure. We miss him already :(

Jenn said...

Great photos, Matt! I love photos that really capture life. Well done for sure.

Amy said...

We had so much fun being with you all -- definitely the highlight of our time in DC, better than all the bells and whistles for sure. I now have a much fuller appreciation of what DC heat is really like!!! Thank you for your hospitality and your enduring friendship. "Truly (we are) the luckiest of women."