Friday, December 15, 2006

Babymoon on the Brain

Su had her 14 week check up with the midwives at the Birthing Center this morning and everything is looking good. We heard Junior's heartbeat again and it was strong and steady. We'll have another appointment there in about 5 weeks followed by the famous 20 week ultrasound. Should be great fun!

So this picture was taken a few short years ago when Su and I went with our moms on a wonderful trip to Germany and Ireland (where this shot was taken on a ferry boat.) I post it because I am totally in "babymoon" mode and have vacation on the brain. We think March may be our optimal time to go and if we plan right we could celebrate Su's birthday in some warm and sunny place.

This weekend we'll host our neighbors for one hour of a traditional block "progressive dinner". I love to see everyone but the only problem is the self-induced stress I experience around making sure the house is as clean as it can be. We are pretty neat so it's not like there is a ton to do, but I still can physically feel the worry that is only solved by doing something. Ask Susanne. This morning I was up at 5 am with this thought that we had to get the Christmas letters out by Dec. 15 as promised (well to ourselves anyway). I started pulling one of those big tape contraptions around one of the packages we were sending off (which really did sound like a very unhappy cat) when I heard this plaintive wail of "can you just come back to bed?" Oops... See, I get a bit compulsive when I'm anxious.

Anyway, on this topic of housecleaning, we were watching the Simpson's a few nights ago and Marge got ticked off and made everybody clean the house. Homer was down the basement on his knees screaming up the stairs "ARE WE SO VAIN?" That just totally cracked me up. So in summary. I don't think we are vain. I do think the party will be fun. I do get a little compulsive sometimes. I LOVE my beautiful wife (she's the one in the yellow raincoat), and...what else, what else? Oh, I REALLY WANT TO GO ON A BABYMOON. Have a great weekend everybody! -Monica

No comments: