Thursday, April 19, 2007

And we're back...

We had a good time in Minnesota. Fun with family, wonderful music (my sister’s Sweet Adeline quartet AND the fabulous Celtic Woman) and a chance to meet little Johanna who is my niece’s 3 week old daughter. She’s a cutie pie and seeing and holding her makes me even more excited to soon become a mom!

Su handled the flying very well though we are glad we planned a direct flight rather than one of our typical budget-shopping multiple-leg flights. We’ll fly once more to our friend Emily’s wedding in Kansas in early May and after that we’ll be traveling for three! (If we think we have to pack a lot of stuff now...well...)

We were home with my mom the day that the horrific murders happened at Virginia Tech, glued to the TV. What a nightmare. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be there. I have lots of other thoughts on the media "armchair quarterbacks" and our health care system particularly in regard to mental health, and gun laws, but I think I'll keep them to myself right now.

I pray for peace for the victims of these senseless murders and for the family of the murderer who I'm guessing could never have imagined this. Who in his right mind could? -Monica

No comments: