Thursday, February 14, 2008

That's bigger than a Butterball Turkey too!

A few weeks ago I wrote a blog post about feeling like the hunchback of Notre Dame. I thought I was improving for a while, but now I know that I'm definitely not right. My neck and shoulder blade on my right side are both super stiff and lately it's been waking me up. I know having a young child to scoop up all the time probably doesn't help, but heck, what can I do?

So I went to my doctor's today and was perscribed a muscle relaxant to start taking tonight. I also have some exercises to do. In the little pamphlet they gave me called "A User's Manual for Your Neck" I read that the human head can weigh up to 15 pound. FIFTEEN POUNDS!

That's just slightly less than what Danny weighs now. Oh, no wonder my poor neck muscles are freaking out. They must be exhausted!!!

I'm hoping that a week of these relaxants and exercises and heat will do the trick. Excuse me while I go lay my head down now. -Monica


No comments: