Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cookie Scene Investigation

So even though today is my usual telework day, I had to go into the building for a few hours to host some high school students who came to my federal agency to learn more about careers in IT. We had fun, and when they finished up and got on their big yellow bus, I hop, skipped, and jumped down to the Metro to join Susanne at home. Since I'd left her with Danny alone all morning (when she had a ton to do for work) I thought I might be able to make amends by also stopping at Au Bon Pain to get her favorite macaroon cookies which are dipped in chocolate.

Later in the afternoon we ate them while while tapping away on our laptops and I have a VAGUE recollection of a little bit of my cookie falling off somewhere. Apparently the yummy and gooey crumbs fell landed on my shirt. How did we come to realize this? Well, apparently with my excellent parenting skills, I'd picked up, hugged and toted Danny around quite a few times between eating my macaroon and finding more macarron. In his mouth.

Yes, there was a transfer from my shirt to his little outfit. I may have even noticed this dark brown splotch, but figured it was a cute little puppy or something. But then Su spotted him eating his "puppy". In my defense, he seemed really happy.

He is also starting to move around all over the place. He pulled himself up from laying down to standing up in his crib, so now the matress has been placed way down to its very lowest level. And most frighteningly, he was on the wood floor in our office (which is pretty slippery and slick) and somehow slid himself half way across the room on his butt. He found a really fun thing to pull on which turned out to be the cord to our iron (which was unwisely placed on a high shelf with the cord hanging down.) I almost had a heart attack. This laptop is lucky to still be functioning. That's how quickly I tossed it aside and got to that iron. He hadn't pulled it yet, but was VERY close. No more time now to wait on any childproofing measures now.

Alrighty then. Time to start dinner. Maybe something coco nutty? -M

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Oscar creeps and crawls all over the house now LOOKING for things to put in is mouth - what's that? Some dog hair? Delicious! Small piece of lint? Succulent! It scares the living daylights out of me!

Mikki said...

Isn't it funny how quickly we learn what needs to be childproofed? Bailey's latest interest is in the steam vaporizor in her room. LOVE IT when she plays with that. Given that it's so safe and all.

We had a great time over the weekend. Can't wait to see you again!