Monday, March 03, 2008

Who knew!

One beautiful March day in the early 1970s something really amazing happened on the edge of the Black Forest...my beautiful Susanne came into the world.

What was I doing that day? Let's see? Probably nothing special. She was born around 5 pm German time so it was late morning in Minnesota. I was 13 years old and on that crisp Sunday morning I'm sure I was on my bike delivering the St. Paul Pioneer Press to everyone on my paper route. How could I have known then that in that magical window of time, the most amazing, wonderful sweetheart, who would one day become the love of my life, was being welcomed into into the world half a world away?

It was the best day of my life and I didn't even know it! Well I know it now. I love you honey.

--Happy Birthday from your Monica and our little boy Danny

No comments: