Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Lovey

So have you ever heard of a "lovey"? Apparently it's a favorite soft and cuddly item that your baby gets attached to. I must admit I'd never heard of the term until I became a parent, but I'm well acquainted with the concept. Some of my brothers LOVED their brown blankets and as I recall sort of dragged them around everywhere.

So Danny has a couple of cuddly, soft "loveys" like the one pictured here, but he's decided that his real lovey is our shirts.

He likes nothing better than to stick one thumb in his mouth and with his other hand get a hold of one of our shirt collars. You've never seen such a blissful face on a child as he snuggles up to his chosen "victim".

One slight problem. Most of the times kids use these special items to self soothe and put themselves to sleep. Rut Roh! -Monica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister, at age 29, stils sleeps with what's left of her security blanket. I never had a specific item that was my "lovey" but up until at least age 8 I needed a "silky" to fall asleep. Any piece of slik or satin would do. Ties, scarves, blanket binding, the inside of the ear of a stuffed elephant toy. I wasn't picky.