Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not so good

A few weeks ago I wrote the following in a blog post:

“Susanne and I are incredibly happy to share that if all goes well, we will welcome a new little brother or sister for Danny sometime this spring.”

When I wrote this I was careful to write “if all goes well”. Sadly, sometimes things do not go well. We are so very sad to share that this baby will not grace our lives. Su started experiencing the classic symptoms of a miscarriage earlier this week, and an ultrasound confirmed our worst fear--that this baby was not staying with us.

The human reproductive system is very good at letting nature take its course when something is not quite as it should be. But the human heart is not so good at it.

-Monica and Susanne

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But the human heart is not so good at it. "

A truer statement has never been said.

My heart goes out to both of you.

Jenni said...

We're so sorry for your loss, guys. It is so hard to imagine the worst when your heart and mind are filled with hope for the future. I hope Susanne's symptoms fade soon and that your hearts are on the mend. I'm sure Danny will help that process along.

nutella said...

Oh no, I'm so very sorry and I'm thinking of you. May you heal one another.

R said...

I just wanted to tell you how very sorry I am to hear of the miscarriage. It is a very painful loss and I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry and I'm sending u all a big hug. Let me know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Words cannot express how sorry I am. But I know you both will be strong and get past this and soon know for sure that baby #2 will be greeting you in the future.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear....we're thinking of you today from afar.

CT said...

Oh, such sad news to hear--my heart goes out to you all. I was worried when you hadn't posted for a few days. As many hugs to you guys as is humanly possible to give.

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica and Susanne, I'm so, so sorry to hear your news. I know there aren't many words to make what you are experiencing easier. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks on July 7. Like you said, nature knows its course, and the heart does eventually catch up, although a bit humbled from the journey. Hang in there and let me know if you want to talk. Here's hoping we'll both have some good news to share in the next few months. Love, Erin

Martin said...

I'm so, so sorry.

I just can not imagine it.

Be strong and take care of each other.