Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I finally figured something out...

Whoa. It just came to me. I was at my desk going through my e-mail in box and it dawned on me that what I do can be captured in one word.

I nag.

That's what I do. I do it nicely and all of course.

"Could you please..."

"Would it be possible to..."

"If it would be no imposition I'd really appreciate it if..."

Wow. I professionally bug people to get me what they already promised they'd send. And even though I have a specific occupation, I think I could nag in any number of professions.

I once read that if you want to hire people to be your front facing customer service types, you should "hire for the smile and train for everything else". Makes sense to me.

Hmmm..."Hire for the nag and train for everything else." I've got to think about how I feel about this journey of self discovery I'm on. -Monica



For your viewing pleasure. A picture of what else? A nag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh your job so totally reminds me of mine!!! I nag and nag and nag all day!!! I also whine, and complain, and clean up everyone else's mess. I so need a raise!