Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh Snap!

Over the past few months while our regular "day mother" Jenni has been taking time off due to the birth of baby number two, we've been fortunate to have found a nearby daycare center where a woman named Ms. K. has taken great care of Danny along with 4 or 5 other little ones.

I thought I'd note an observation I've made over time. You see, Ms. K., when she changes a diaper and snaps the onsie back up never snaps all 3 snaps. She only does the two outer ones. At first I thought that maybe she just forgot to do the center one but over time the pattern is clear. She always does the two out of three.

So what do I think of this? I think she's freaking brilliant! Do the math. 6 childen, at least 3 diaper changes a day, 5 days a week. That's a lot of snaps! Maybe I'm also appreciative of her brilliance because even though I do all 3 snaps, I often screw it up and start snapping the wrong ones together and have to start over again from scratch. Can you spell a-n-n-o-y-i-n-g!

Anyway today he's got a onsie, a turtleneck shirt that also has 3 snaps on the bottom, and a pair of overalls with 6 snaps on the legs. That's 12 snaps! Should be interesting to see what mathematical formula will apply today! -Monica

No comments: