Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Glasses Scene Investigation

So on Sunday I carefully put my new $200 pair of progressive lenses in their special case and left the case on my nighstand.

A few hours later I went to find them and was perplexed to see the case at the foot of the bed. Opening it, I was pretty unhappy to see that my glasses were not in it.

I suspected that toddler Danny had been doing some "exploring" when I wasn't looking. So I did some exploring of my own and spotted the glasses by the closet door. Whew.

Walking downstairs I joked to Su that I was going to do some crime scene analyis on the tiny finger prints all over the lenses to crack the case, and then realized that one of the lenses was perfectly clear.

Or as Su much more accurately put it, the lens was actually missing from the frame. OH NOOOOOOO!

Danny was napping (not that he would have been able to tell me where it was anyway) so I got down on all fours and tried to think like a two year old. I crawled everywhere. Everywhere I tell you. This went on for about 10 minutes. (Does anyone see the irony in looking madly for a lens when you can't see particulary well without the lens?) Anyway...

I found the lens about 12" (yes inches) from where I'd found the frame. It was undamaged.

HUGE sigh of relief.

My hero Susanne got the lens back into the frame.

HUGER sigh of relief.

I know there is a lesson learned in here somewhere. I'll know it when I see it. -Monica

No comments: