Monday, October 23, 2006

Friends and Family

This weekend Su and I traveled to MN to visit my family. Today is actually my niece Janna's 9th birthday so this weekend was a fun spaghetti dinner and a trip to the "Park at the Mall of America" (formerly known as Camp Snoopy.) Janna and my 6 year old great-niece Cassie had fun except when Janna decided that some of the rides were too "babyish", oh and when she decided that I was not focusing 100% of my energy on her. Geez!

Anyway, overall it was a very fun weekend and we got to spend time with my mom who is doing better and visiting friends Amy and Matt (and their two adorable little ones) and our friend John. You know those friends who you don't see very often but when you do it's like no time has passed at all? That's how it felt this weekend. And I love it when there are inside jokes that never seem to lose their power to make us die laughing. Who knew after all that Jack London was not a British author? See, this is hysterical! Unfortunately my poor wife, like so many suffering spouses must hear these punch lines over and over again. Susanne's really a good sport about it too. What's not to laugh about hearing "please toss 12 tortillas to my dog?" Oh, my gosh. I'm dying laughing! Honey? Honey?

On to a more serious subject. Bumper cars. Taking the kids to the largest indoor amusement park in the world gave me an opportunity to see that bumper cars create an environment where small children DELIGHT in crashing into others. It all seems so fun. Little do they know that down the road there will be deductibles and estimates and gasp...points assessed to their licenses! Do you think there could be some hidden insurance company sponsorship of the bumper car industry? Hmmm.... Okay, I'm just kidding, but those kids were seriously enjoying themselves!

Our visit was short but fun. We spent some time hanging out with my sisters and brothers and niece who is also pregnant. This will be her 3rd child so she is an old pro at this. Su felt pretty good considering how much time we spent traveling. We'll be visiting a local maternity center later this week and it will be exciting to get some of those details figured out. Alrighty then. Until next time....Monica

No comments: