Monday, March 26, 2007

Introducing Johanna Nicole

Hi everyone. No pictures yet of our newest family member, but last night around 1:15 my niece Tara gave birth to her third child--little Jojo. She was 7 lbs 4 oz, and 20 inches long. Her big sister 6 year old Cassie tells me she has dark hair and some red spots on her face cuz she got "pushed out". Yup. That sounds about right. We are delighted that all came out well and Johanna appears to be healthy and strong.

Back at the home front, Susanne and I went in for her 28 week check up this morning and she had to do the glucose challenge test. We'll hear in a day or two if the blood tests show any gestational diabetes or anemia but we are hoping for the best. The baby's heart was beating away at 130 bpm--quite within the normal range but on the low side of it which made our midwife remark that folk lore has it that boys usually have the lower heatrates. We'll see. We are feeling more and more like it's a girl but we figure we have a 50-50 chance of being right whatever we guess ;-)

Speaking of 50-50 chances...I took a prep class all last week on Project Management and on Friday took a 200 question test which through the grace of God I passed and I am now a Project Management Professional or PMP. The best part is I never have to take the test again. I'm relieved it's over and glad that I passed the test.

Since I wasn't keeping up with my e-mail all week it wasn't until after the test on Friday that I noticed that we'd gotten several e-mails from friends about the fact that our Birthing Center is now going to close before we deliver. What a bummer. High malpractice insurance costs and the fact that they don't get reimbursed well by insurance costs led to the decision. We are now exploring other options, but are not going to get too stressed out by this. We can continue our pre-natal care there for now. Life just tosses you lemons sometime so you have to make lemon chicken I guess.

That's all for now. Hope all are well and that wherever you are, spring is in the air. -Monica

No comments: