Friday, March 30, 2007

Tis the season

So as much as my darling Susanne loves me, here is the true picture of what she's been reaching for late at night in bed.

Yes, she's "somehow" acquired a nasty headcold. You see I was MISERABLE all last week, and just when I finally started to feel better, she started getting the sniffles. The sniffles are now the SNIFFLES! I do carry a certain amount of guilt over this.

We've been running the humidifier at night which has made our room into a veritable steamy jungle (we do have many plants) and we're hoping she can recover without having to take any medications.

In our developing birth plan, one of my jobs is to NOT suggest pain medications (she can ask for them at any time, but I'm not to encourage it.) I'm not so sure I'll be any good at this though based on how many times I've asked her if she wants cold medication (the safest kinds.)

Get better soon honey. I hate to see you so miserable. Love, Monica

P.S. Just to give you an idea of the magnitude of our colds, last week while walking near a gaggle of tourists in an underground Metro tunnel, I blew my nose and a startled child who couldn't see me behind her asked "mommy, is that an elephant?"

No comments: