Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's about that time again...

Top 5 things I’ve come to appreciate over the past few months…

5. Hospital basinets that are made of clear plastic so you can actually see your little newborn at all times. Brilliant idea I say. Brilliant.

4. Little sleepers (with feet of course) that have zippers instead of snaps. Hard to find, but worth it. It’s so much easier to stealthily change a baby’s diaper (especially at night) or get a sleepy baby ready for bed when he doesn’t get jostled so much.

3. The amazing love and generosity of our family and friends. We’ve received gifts, calls, e-mails, visitors…so many people care about our little Danny. And that feels wonderful.

2. My job. Gosh, I never thought I’d put that on a list like this one. I’ve always had a nagging feeling that the work I do is not my “life’s work”, but ever since Susanne got pregnant, I’ve had such an attitude shift. I guess I now know that my life’s work was just born a few months ago, so now my job is more of a means to an end, rather than an end unto itself. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve always felt blessed by the opportunities and responsibilities that I’ve been given, and I have a tremendous boss, but everything is better now than it was before!

Last but not least…

1. My beautiful wife. To see Susanne love and take care of our son is very, very special to me. She has the most wonderful way with him, and it somehow makes me feel warm and secure just knowing how warm and secure he is. How sweet they are!!! -Monica

No comments: