Friday, April 11, 2008

Self-fulfilling prophesy?

Hello there friends and family. I just got to thinking today about how there are some blogs in the blogosphere that have the most depressing names. I can't even write any of them here because I wouldn't want to offend anyone, but maybe someone out there knows what I'm talking about?

It makes me think about the concepts of feng shui--you know, trying to bring good energy, or at the very least, unblocking the paths for existing positive energy to flow.

I of course realize that my interpretation of what constitutes a negative name is all relative. I read a bunch of books on feng shui once and was intrigued about the idea that you can sort of "will" what you are looking for into your life. Often the person writing the book would diagnose someone's living space and see pictures of desolte, lonely people on the walls when they wanted so much to meet that special someone. You know, stuff like that.

So anyway, that's just my thought for the day. Until next time. -Monica

3 comments:

R said...

Interesting. What do you think I should change mine to be?

Susanica said...

Hey R. I just wrote you back offline. This could be fun! -M

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I occasionally pop in to check your blog. I really agree that naming what we want in life and feathering our nest can really bring positive changes. It's really heartbreaking to see sad titles...labels do mean something..both to ourselves and to the people we interact with both in real life and online. I think the labels we give ourselves and our blogs are important. Thanks for giving me something to contemplate today.
MM